Bellingham is a wonderful community that knows how to have fun, hosting a variety of gatherings, festivals, and entertainments throughout the year. It's particularly festive during the Christmas holiday season, when you can enjoy shopping, music, parades, and more. Here are the highlights for holiday fun in Bellingham and Whatcom County during the 2010 season.
- Historic Fairhaven Holiday Walkabout - Nov 26 - 27
Fairhaven's 100-year-old buildings and streets will be decorated for the season with locations offering goodies, art, special foods, or special products each evening.
- Holiday Festival of the Arts - Nov 20 to Dec 24
Enjoy live music, artist demonstrations, and thousands of original gifts created by local artisans, hosted by Allied Arts of Whatcom County.
- Holiday Carriage Rides in Fairhaven - Nov 27, Dec 11, and Dec 18
A memorable way to experience historic Fairhaven.
- Lynden's Lighted Parade - Dec 4
Lighted Christmas Parade with holiday carolers and a dazzling display of lighted trucks, cars, floats, wagons, farm equipment, and more.
- Holiday Port Festival & Gingerbread Display - Dec 7 - 9
Free community event with live entertainment and more.
- The Nutcracker - Dec 18 - 19
The Mt. Baker Theatre is the venue for this traditional holiday-season ballet.