When is the Washington State Fair: September 6-22, 2013
Gate and Commercial Exhibit Hours:
- Fridays & Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sundays-Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Where is the Washington State Fair:
110 9th Avenue SW
Admission Ticket Prices:
- Adults: $12.50
- Senior Citizens (62+): $9.00
- Youth (6-18): $9.00
- Five & Under: FREE
Parking at the Washington State Fair
There are a number of parking lots located around the fairground complex. Daily parking in official fair parking lots is $10 on weekdays and $12 on weekends. During the Puyallup Fair a number of locals also provide private parking areas. Parking, as well as traffic in and out of the fairground area, can be difficult, so plan accordingly when making your schedule for the day.
Fun Things to Do at the Washington State Fair
Just some of the highlights and special events you can enjoy at the 2012 Puyallup Fair ....
- Western Rodeo Parade & Cattle Drive through Puyallup to the fairgrounds - a fair opening event
- For the kids, there's the SillyVille rides, midway rides, magic shows, and mutton bustin'
- Free live music and entertainment at the Coca=Cola Stage, the Fountain Plaza, the Green Gate, and the Showplace Stage
- Special days for special folks, including Military Appreciation Day, Senior Tuesdays, and Red Hat days
- Our Body: The Universe Within - This exhibition, located inside the fair, features the inner workings of real human bodies. An additional admission ticket fee is required.
- Washington State Fair Pro Rodeo - September 6 - 8, 2013
- A variety of fair concerts, including Carrie Underwood, Alabama, Kid Rock, and CeeLo Green.
Carnival Rides at the Washington State Fair
Ride tickets cost $0.50 each and take a minimum of six tickets per ride, with the most popular thrill rides requiring 20 tickets. There are two areas offering rides:
This is the place for small children aged two and over, offering tame rides for little ones. The minimum height requirement on most SillyVille rides is 36", with a few requiring a height of 42". SillyVille is located near the Green and Purple Gates, in the northwest section of the fairgrounds.
- Midway Rides
You'll find the more thrilling rides, as well as games of chance, at the Midway. All of the rides have a height requirement which typically ranges from 48" to 54".
Services Available at the Puyallup Fairgrounds
While attending the Western Washington Fair you'll find that a number of convenient services and facilities are available to make your fair experience more comfortable:
- Information booths in five locations - at the Gold, Blue, Green, and Purple gates and a centrally-located booth near the Extreme Scream ride
- People Movers - available Monday through Thursday, the accessible, tractor-pulled "shuttle buses" can help you cross the fairgrounds (free, available on a first come, first served basis)
- Wheelchair, electronic cart, and stroller rentals locations
- Lost and found
- First aid
- Locker rentals by the Gold gate
- Cash machines
- Hand washing stations
- Designated smoking areas
24-Hour Fair Information Hotline: (253) 841-5045
Official Washington State Fair website