The Bottom Line
- more than 1,500 campgrounds covered
- informative location maps
- scenic beauty ratings
- no campsite photographs
- Covers campgrounds in both Oregon and Washington.
- Organized by geographic region.
- Camping tips include such items as equipment lists, camp ethics, and bear encounters.
Guide Review - Pacific Northwest Camping
Anyone interested in finding a campsite in Oregon and Washington will value this extensive directory. "Pacific Northwest Camping: The Complete Guide to Tent and RV Campgrounds in Washington and Oregon", by Tom Stienstra, organizes the detailed information about over 1,500 campgrounds by geographical region. Every section begins with a map that highlights the location of each campground. Available recreation information heads the directory listings in the form of activity symbols. Location, scenic beauty rating, facilities, fees, directions, and contact information are included for each campground. "Pacific Northwest Camping" also offers a wide range of information of use to campers. Equipment lists, camp ethics, and bear encounters are among the topics addressed.