Winterfest is a fun, family-friendly, and free way to celebrate the holiday season in Seattle.
When: Thanksgiving through New Year's Eve
Where: Seattle Center
What you can see and do at Winterfest:
Many different traditions have significant holidays around the month of December. Seattle Center wraps all these reasons to gather and celebrate into Winterfest, several weeks of winter-themed fun. Santa Claus will be present at many of the events. And it's free.
Seattle Center's Winterfest highlights include:
- Winter Train and Village
- Winterfest Ice Rink (an admission fee is charged, but watching the skaters is free)
- Ice Sculpting
- Winter Worldfest
- Interactive Winter Wish Wall
- Lots of live music - On weekends throughout December you can enjoy live music in many different styles at the Seattle Center Armory
While you are at Winterfest and Seattle Center:
You'll find many other fun ways to spend time with friends and family while at Seattle Center during the holiday season. Here are a few ideas:
- Attend the quintessential Nutcracker by the Pacific Northwest Ballet at McCaw Hall
- Enjoy the sparkle of the festive outdoor lighting each evening
- Take in the Festival of Light at The Seattle Children's Museum, where you can learn about the holiday celebration traditions of many cultures
Find out more about the activities planned each day during Winterfest at Seattle Center on their official website.