When and Where is The Northwest Folklife FestivalWhen:
May 23 - 26, 2014 (Friday through Monday)
11 am to 10 pm (Fri, Sat, Sun)
11 am to 9 pm (Sun)
Where: Seattle Center
Admission Tickets: It's free! Donations recommended and appreciated.
Fun Things to Do at The Northwest Folklife Festival
Here are just a few of the fun things to see and do at the Northwest Folklife Festival:
- Crafts Vendors - Folk craft booths featuring the Northwest's finest artisans.
- The Uncommon Market - You'll find folk and ethnic products from around the world.
- Living Green Courtyard - Craft, clothing, and skin care vendors that specialize in sustainable products.
- Food Booths - Dozens of booths featuring food and drink from around the world (and the Northwest too).
- Dance & Music Panels and Workshops - Don't just watch, join in!
- Live Music & Dance - Choose from over 25 different stages and performance spaces and enjoy music and dance from all around the world.
The Northwest Folklife Festival schedule includes hundreds of performances and workshops. There is music, dance performances, participatory dance, and storytelling. Here are some highlights from 2013, giving you just a sample of the diversity of music and dance that you can experience at the Northwest Folklife Festival:
· LoveBomb Go-Go Marching Band of Portland Oregon
· Friday Night Gospel Celebration with the Total Experience Gospel Choir
· Cajun Roadhouse
· Zydeco Dance Lessons
· Fire and Ice Irish Dance Company
· Azanga Marimba Ensemble
· Beer Garden Chantey Sing
· Guerilla Morris Dance
· Rockabilly Roundup
· Balkan Party Dances
· Northwest Stringband Throwdown
· American Standard Time Show
· Folkloric Dances of the Middle East, North Africa, and Persia
· Tingstad and Rumbel
Detailed schedule information, including downloadable mobile apps, can be found at the official Northwest Folklife website.