Where to Go in the Northwest US
By Angela Brown
- Types of Travel in the Northwest
- Alaska Travel Destinations
- Idaho Travel Destinations
- Montana Travel Destinations
- Oregon Travel Destinations
- Eastern Washington State Travel Destinations
- Western Washington State Travel Destinations
- Wyoming Travel Destinations
Types of Travel in the Northwest
When it comes to choosing where to spend your vacation time, everyone has different ideas about what makes a fun getaway. These resources will help you decide the type of travel you'd enjoy in the Northwest, depending upon your particular needs and interests.
- Casino Getaways in the Northwest
- Cruise Alaska's Inside Passage
- Family Travel in the Northwest
- Gay & Lesbian Travel in the Northwest
- Golf Vacation Destinations in the Northwest
- National Parks in the Northwest
- Romantic Getaways in the Northwest
- Ski Resorts in the Northwest
- Spa Getaways in the Northwest
- Winter Vacations in the Northwest
Alaska Travel Destinations
From the rain forests and fjords of the Inside Passage area to the arid tundra of the north, Alaska offers a variety of experiences for visitors.
Idaho Travel Destinations
Abundant lakes, rivers, and forests make Idaho the place for year-round outdoor recreation.
Montana Travel Destinations
Montana visitors will find rich history, grand scenery, and amazing outdoor adventure.
Oregon Travel Destinations
From the rugged Oregon Coast to the food and culture of Portland, Oregon has something for every taste.
- Cannon Beach
- Columbia River Gorge
- Crater Lake National Park
- Hood River
- Klamath Falls
- Mount Hood
- Lincoln City
- Oregon Coast
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
Eastern Washington State Travel Destinations
The lands on the east side of Washington's Cascade Mountain Range are much drier and sunnier than the west side, with hot summers and cold snowy winters.
Western Washington State Travel Destinations
The lush green forests of the Olympic Peninsula, the charming rural communities on the San Juan Islands, the fertile lands of Skagit and Whatcom counties, and the arts and culture of the Seattle metro area are just some of the reasons to plan travel to the west side of Washington State.
- Bainbridge Island
- Bellingham/Whatcom County
- Columbia River Gorge
- Kitsap Peninsula
- Mount Rainier National Park
- Mount St. Helens
- North Cascades National Park
- Olympic National Park
- Olympic Peninsula
- Port Angeles
- Port Townsend
- San Juan Island
- Skagit Valley
- Vancouver WA
- Whidbey Island
Wyoming Travel Destinations
Experience a taste of the Old West along with awesome landscapes in the state of Wyoming.